When Peyton was a baby my dad would get confused and combine Peyton and Braxton. He called Peyton "Paxton". I don't blame him. He has 11 kids of his own and 20 grand kids. He has to go through the 7 siblings in front of me before he can say my name. "Sarah, Kerrie, Jared, David, Hannah, Jimmy, Mark, Laura...ya that's your name, come here"
Well the name has stuck in my family. Instead of asking about Braxton and Peyton we just combine them into one now. People will ask are Laura and Paxton coming? It works. It takes a whole 2 seconds off a conversation. When you do the numbers and how often my name is brought up in conversation (with me there or behind my back) that is a lot of saved time.
Although I wish we could have gotten out of the car to take a picture I didn't want to make any unnecessary stops. There were several great places along the trip and someday I hope to be able to stop at all of those. But when we have 4 kids and trying to make good time it does not work.
2 comments:
That is cute. And Paxton is a cute name too.
You should name your next one Paxton...(that would really throw everyone off:)
Post a Comment