My sister Hannah and I left to Nebraska to see our brother Jared. Map quest says it will take 11 hours and 50 minutes. We decided to leave at 4 am so the kids would sleep for a good portion of the ride. It worked like a charm. They went back to sleep and woke up at our first stop to get gas. We fed them breakfast that we had packed, filled up on gas and were off again. After watching one movie they all fell back to sleep again. We made it to his house only 13 hours after our departure. It rained the whole way.
After one of our stops Nicole said she needed to throw up. Since she says this anytime she is tired we kind of ignored her. Then Hannah looked in the back and saw one very white face. I tried to stop fast but it was not good enough. It was everywhere. Braxton was sitting right next to her and has a very weak stomach. After smelling it from her he started dry heaving and then threw up. Lucky for me (not for him) He was able to keep it in his mouth. I know...really sick. He asked inbetween dry heaves "Does that stink Mom?" He was dry heaving the whole time we were cleaning it up. Somewhere in Nebraska there is a huge pile of wipies on the side of the road.
Friday, June 6, 2008
My trip to Nebraska
Posted by The Hawkins at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good memories!
That is seriously disgusting! Good story though. Remember when we were in high school and someone (I really don't remember who, maybe katie) threw up all over in the back seat of your van (the huge one)? That was gross too...
It was 6th grade on our way to Provo to find matching shirts for the talent show. Remember the dance that Heather Osmond taught us. Then she threw up again in the flowers of Shopko. Not just any flowers, but the flowers people buy to take home and plant. Now that was sick!
oh, sad! I can picture you two laughing, too! ha ha...that's funny, but sad. I bet that's the last time Hannah ignores her on that comment, when she's in the car! :)
Post a Comment