Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Clean-up

We wanted to find out what had made Nicole react the way she did. Perhaps it was the box of cheeze it crackers combined with apple juice, PP&J, string cheese, and gogurts. Maybe it was the fact she drank a whole pint of strawberry milk in about 5 minutes. Or could it be that the milk we found was actually expired? Hmmm....some things remain a mistery.
We thought we had done a pretty good job of cleaning up what we called the "incident". We didn't even smell anything until we were a couple blocks away from Jared's house. Then we rolled down the windows. Combined with a pig farm and humidity it hit us pretty hard. After we were all done unloading the kids and luggage we headed for the nearest car wash. The only thing available was a self serve carpet washer. It basically rubbed the mess into the carpet. So the smell stayed. When we took the car seats out we noticed a mess underneath them.


We hosed the seats down in the car wash and then realized we did not want to take soaking wet seats into the car with us. So we rigged them to the top of the car.
We only noticed the warningsign on the car seats after we did this.
We also hosed down the weather mats that are heavy plastic. I didn't want to put them in the car either. I thought because they were so heavy they would do just fine on the hood. We were only going a couple of blocks! As soon as we hit 5 mph they hit my windshield then flew into the middle of on coming traffic. I thought I was going to die. Not enough to quit laughing though. Since I was in the driver seat I made Hannah get out and chase the mats. We almost lost the cars seats too but luckily for the cars behind us, they stayed. Can I just say I have a testimony on leather seats. I think from this point forward I will forever buy cars with leather seats.

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

This was a hilarious story!!! I was cracking up!!