You know when you see those poor, poor people that just love the 80's so much they just cannot bring themselves to get rid of their 80's hair? I witness that very thing again on Saturday night. Let me say it was not just any 80's hair it was a full on lady with the molet hair...short bangs and hair to her butt. I would feel bad but I am sure she just things she looks so cool! Just to clarify this picture was not the woman...although add a foot of hair and you would not be far off. I would have taken a picture but considering she was less than 4 feet I could not do it.
After seeing this it got us talking about the styles we used to wear and how much we loved them or how ridicules they actually were. One was a style similar to this...
While talking about the old styles we used to wear, Janean said, "remember the overalls and you had to undo the one strap? What was the point of that. It was so stupid!" I kid you not, this is such a true story. We walked into Nordstrom the exact same night (probably about an hour later) and low and behold, a poor girl who did not get the memo that not only was it not okay to wear overalls but also "What is the point of the one strap undone. It is so stupid!"I really would not judge someone who wore overalls in 2008. Even if it did have one strap undone. It just makes for a good story. I cannot wait to wear stirrup pants again.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I love the 80's...and 90's
Posted by The Hawkins at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wait, are you saying we're not supposed to wear overalls with one strap undone anymore? I guess I didn't get that memo either! haha, j/k. It's so fun to make fun of people though...
hahaha! That is awesome!
Oh, how I love the 80's styles! I showed this post to my friend Amie and she said she saw a guy the other day with the steps cut on the side of his hair with a tail in the back. Soooo cute! I love it! Apparently these styles are still popular with some people still.
Hey now...the 80's and 90's really were AWESOME!!!LOL...I agree though, never did understand the one strap overalls, or the she-mullet...lol. It was so good to hear from you! Thanks for looking me up. I never get time to update my blog...but hope to soon. Your family is darling!! Too cute! Keep in touch!
I have to admit that I had some pretty ugly hair styles when I was younger and I wasn't that great of a dresser either.
Hello Laura, your blog is very fun and I love this post. I love that I'm finding more girls in the ward on here. So as I read this post I couldn't help wondering what they will be saying in 10 years regarding the styles we are wearing today.
you are so flippin' funny...oh and nebraska sounded like an awesome trip!! Why didn't you tell me about that trip a couple weeks ago!!! love it!!
Post a Comment