Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Favorite Time of Day

I love many different times throughout the day but love bedtime. Not because I know I get a break but because I love the sound that comes from upstairs in the bathroom and bedroom. Brian usually puts the kids to bed each night. This is when he gets to take time with them. I am either cleaning up dinner, the house or just relaxing on the couch.

He sings songs with them while they brush their teeth, then gets them to go to the bedroom. I try reading stories to them throughout the day but I always hear "Do it like Daddy!" The boys love reading the same 3 animal books over and over while Brian does animal sounds to all of them. The boys laugh each time. He usually takes the time to teach them a Book of Mormon story as well. Peyton knows 3 Book of Mormon hero's. Lehi, Nephi and Alma the Younger. Lehi is anyone who has a beard (including Jesus). He usually refers to Jesus as the feet guy. He recognizes him as the man who washes the "owey feet" of "the guys" (the apostles). He also knows that Jesus has owes in his hands and feet but still calls him Lehi.
Even though I know the kids totally love Brian more, I'm fine with it. They look forward to bedtime when Daddy is home. It is fun and entertaining to them. I know they will remember bedtime with Daddy for as long as they live.

5 comments:

Becca said...

That is way cute. We have our own little bedtime routine that seems unbreakable despite me being tired or the late hour! Thanks for the invite!

Lisa Nielsen said...

That is so sweet!!! I love the pictures. Brian is such a good daddy. They will never forget it!

Papworth's said...

That is so adorable! I'm pretty sure Will loves Michael more too. Hey, they're with mom all day long and we get old. That just means that they have great daddy's that spend precious time with them! I love those pictures and the Book of Mormom stories!

Linsey said...

That might be one of the cutest things I have heard all week! Will your husband come put my kids to bed too?

Britt said...

So precious! I still remember my grandpa tucking me in when he would come stay with us...and my mom waking me up with her awful singing :)