Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catching Up

I have been a bit of a slacker and have not posted anything in months. Here is a quick update.
We did the Halloween thing. It was great and the kids loved it. If you can't tell-Braxton is a dragon and Peyton is a monkey.

Kerrie, Jennifer, Mom and I went to Grand Junction to see our adopted sister and her new baby. We love it and wished we were closer to Mirabella. I already miss her and her baby.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Noorlanders at my parents house. Even though we had a house full we were still missing so many people.
We went to Temple Square to see the lights. For those of you who know Mark that is his little boy on the end.

The following week we had our Christmas party with the Noorlanders. We visited old friends and neighbors, decorated gingerbread houses, played games, exchanged presents and had a surprise visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Brian and I celebrated our 5th anniversary in Park City. Thanks to our Mom's who took turns watching our kids we were able leave for 2 nights. We went skiing on Friday and Saturday. I have a really funny post later...I'm still not quite sure if I should share it with the public yet. I'm not good at skiing....not even a little. I should have worn a less noticalbe jacket because people really knew me up there. I think I was the only one on the slope with a pink jacket. Everyone else had black, white, or red. I really stood out. We did have a lot of fun though and really enjoyed the break.
I really cannot believe it has been 5 years. It seems like we are really just starting to get to know each other. We have now made it one year for every month we dated each other. We met July 13th, were engaged October 5th and married December 16th. Thank you to Britt...you are responsible for all this. I know you have heard that before but really. This is all your fault! We have had a lot of fun and have been very blessed to have our boys and each other. He is my best friend and I love him so much.

3 comments:

Britt said...

i can't believe it's been 5 years! who knew some silly photos at kiddie kandids would lead to eternal love? LOVE YOU GUYS!

So many blogs..too little time said...

cute, that's funny cause I checked your blog today and thought, man she needs to post. Lucky you got two nights away for your anniversary!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Yay...a new post! Congratulations on 5 years! That is big. Park city would be so fun. I love skiing. I love all of you pictures. I hope we can get together soon! Love you! Merry Christmas!