My poor baby was sick this past week. It started on Saturday. Tuesday I took him to the doctor and he said he had the flu. He had really high fevers over the next couple of days and his stomach aches seemed to worsen. He just laid in pain on my bed all day long crying and rolling around in pain. It was horrible to watch. On Friday I took him back to the doctor when I saw he had a 103 fever. By the time we got there it was 105. Their thermometer came back as "too high to register". We had to do some blood tests and a couple of other tests. Then they sent me to the hospital to do some x-rays. He was such a good boy and said "CHEEEESE" when we laid him on the x-ray table. It came back that he had pneumonia. We went back to the doctor for some shots and medicine. When the nurse gave him the shot he said, "Did you cut my leg open?" He was crying and said "That's okay...I'm not mad at you!" He is doing much better now! I accidentally over dosed him so he was able to get a really good 17 hours of sleep, was awake for an hour and then fell back to sleep for a while. I called my Best Friend Lindsay who is the best pharmacist that I personally know and she told me the amounts I gave him were wrong. I was only to give him 10 mls in 24 hours tops. I had given him 12 in 18 hours. Ooops. In my defense I think he really needed the sleep!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Poor Baby!
Posted by The Hawkins at 7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HEY! We finally started a blog. It's funny how you find people from one person to the next! Your guys are so cute and that is so so sad that one of them was sick. It broke my heart. I hope he's feeling better. It will be great to keep in touch you with you this way!! I was just thinking about how people used to get us confused on the dance floor, Kristi or Laura?
SAD!!!
I am just glad they figured out what was wrong with him... poor kid! I hate it when kids are sick, it is the pitts! I hope he is feeling a little better by now. And dont' worry about the overdose LOL... I am sure there are mothers out there who do it on purpose to get their kids to sleep :) call me if you are in sanpete so we can catch up! xoxo
<3 Julia
poor little boy! that is so sad. :(
poor mom, too.
I hope he'll start feeling better soon.
It is NO fun having sick kids!!! Good to see you tonight!
These pictures are so sad! Pheumonia is no fun! I hope he's doing better. I've given my kids a little too much at times as well and I think you're right...they need the sleep to help them feel better (and you probably need him to sleep so you can stay sane).
Poor boy! His face looks sooo sad. He is such a sweet little boy. That is so sad he was apologizing for things. What a cute kid.
I hope Braxton is feeling better. I hate when kids are sick!! It's torture to watch them be in pain and feel helpless.
That second picture just breaks my heart! Lucky for him he has an awesome mom like you so he should be up and at it in no time!
Post a Comment