Sunday, February 1, 2009

Peyton, Peyton, Peyton

My cute little Peyton has so much fun. I am having a hard time leaving him alone at all. He is in this stage where he likes to throw EVERYTHING! I'm not sure what to do about it. He as thrown remotes, phones, makeup and really whatever he can lift and throw. If he notices that I am looking at him he will bring me the item so he can still touch it but doesn't get in trouble for throwing it. This past week while driving on the freeway he rolled his window down and threw his shoe out the window. I didn't notice until I was getting him out at the grocery store. I asked him where his shoe went. He said "I don't know." I looked everywhere for it. Then I remembered he had rolled his window down. I asked him if he had thrown it out the window and he got this big grin on his face and said, "Ya, WHEEEEE!" I loved those shoes.

This is also an example of what can happen with 5 minutes of unsupervised Peyton. I made a batch of muddy buddies (which have powdered sugar all over them). I let him and Braxton eat them while I went downstairs to clean. I was gone for only a couple of minutes when Braxton came downstairs. I heard something dropping on the floor above me. This is what I found.


He would not look at me when I came into the kitchen. He just kept saying "No Mom, go out!" After saying that a couple times he tried a new approach by looking at me with a huge cheesy grin. There was powdered sugar all over the walls, chairs, microwave, fridge and table. It took a while to clean up. I am still finding traces of powdered sugar.

A couple hours later he found my purse and ate the rest of my gum. There were 6 pieces left in the pack. He was so excited. I was not so excited. My credit cards, receipts and everything else that was in my purse was everywhere. It did force me to go through old receipts though. What do you do? He is so cute.

9 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

I remember my youngest sister once taking EVERYTHING out of the fridge and told my mom she was "helping" make Dinner. All of the containers were open and all over the floor. The only reason why I remember this is I was babysitting her and I got my allowance taken away for a couple of weeks to help pay for the damage of my sister. Good news is that she did grow out of that stage!

The Hawkins said...

That actually happened a couple of days before all of this. I came into the kitchen with 6 broken eggs on the floor. All my yogurts were in his sucky cup drawer and all his cups were in the sink.

Kirsten said...

just give him lots of hugs and kisses... he won't be small for long. :(

the lunch lady said...

hehehe! this really made me laugh!


good luck with that!

Thunderbay said...

That is so funny... Seriously I laughed and laughed. Kids do and say the funniest things. My cousin Steven is the photographer and my cousin Ryan did the videography. How are you? Your kids are darling... Are you a photographer?

Becca said...

Yeah, Maks is doing the same thing, but no shoe out the window yet! I can't wait until this stage is over and done.

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

ha ha...seriously? I was talking to my oldest sister, Chaton, the other day, saying how Jay is in this stage of hitting everything and throwing...so she told me how when her oldest daughter was little, she threw her shoes out the window a couple of times. She said they went through shoes really fast. I hadn't heard of anyone else saying that until I read your blog. I'm sorry...that sucks. He sounds VERY busy!
We really do need to set a time to take the kids swimming! Let me know what's good for you and I can talk to Jimmy. And I'll get that update to you this week. It's been crazy, but I'll make sure I can get some time to sit down and send it to you :)
Peytons a doll!

Papworth's said...

OH MY!! That sounds like so much fun. I'm sure it makes you so frustrated but he is so cute, you've just got to take pictures and document it. As long as he grows out of it!! Although we do want them to stay little forever, we don't want them to make messes and throw shoes out the window forever. I would've been so sad about the shoe. That is so funny. Little stinker!

Janean said...

He is so stinkin cute though? How can you get mad at him? I love the shoe story it is seriously my favorite. Isn't it great how people can laugh and think things like this are so cute when it is someone else's child but when it is their own - oh not so funny anymore!