One of the highlights of growing up in Sanpete is the Drive In Movie. My parents would take us there as children and I continued to go as I grew older with friends. It was a tradition to go during homecoming week when I was in high school. In highschool I had a friend that had a family business of a furniture store and he would load the back of the truck up with friends and couches. It was always so much fun. One of my favorite memories as a child was when we went there as a family to watch "The Lion King". During one of the parts when the hyenas jumped out my Dad jumped as well, honked the horn and turned on the windshield wipers. I thought that was the funnies thing. The kids loved going to the "outdoor movie that was bigger than our house". Braxton fell asleep on the drive down but Peyton made sure he was awake when we got there. Peyton was so excited he was shaking.
If you ever get the chance I would recommend this place to anyone. And while you are there, don't forget to get a hamburger. In-n-out have nothing on these guys.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Drive In Movie
Posted by The Hawkins at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
that looks like so much fun! there's a drive in around here...but it's like an hours away and north of baltimore (ghetto!) so i'm jealous.
You have such a cute family! I miss the Drive In movie theatre!
I agree, that is one of the things I look forward to doing when I go home, Love It! Your family is adorable, and you look great as always. Take care and keep in touch.
I haven't been to a drive in movie forever! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love that Peyton wants you to help him go to sleep...so precious!
Good Times! Love those small town things you can't find anywhere else. Michael had never been to an outdoor movie until he met me. I had to have him experience that part of my life for sure!
Sorry, but in-n-out is better than the drive-in's burgers;)
Cute pictures :) Your little boys are darling... The drive in is one of my favorite stops in Sanpete. There is nothing like a hamburger at the drive in.
Post a Comment